One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
O'Banion LA, Reynolds KB, Kochubey M, Cutler B, Tefera EA, Dirks R, Kiguchi MM. Treatment of superficial venous reflux in CEAP 6 patients: a comparison of cyanoacrylate glue and radiofrequency ablation techniques. J Vasc Surg Venous Lymphat Disord. 2021:pii: S2213-333X(21)00001-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jvsv.2020.12.082. Accessed January 13, 2021.
- The impact of ablation of incompetent superficial and perforator veins on ulcer healing rates.J Vasc Surg. 2012; 55: 458-464
- New insights into perforator vein incompetence.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 1999; 18: 228-234
- Endovenous ablation of incompetent perforating veins is effective treatment for recalcitrant venous ulcers.J Vasc Surg. 2011; 54: 737-742
- The care of patients with varicose veins and associated chronic venous diseases: clinical practice guidelines of the Society for Vascular Surgery and the American Venous Forum.J Vasc Surg. 2011; 53: 2S-48S
- Duplex ultrasound investigation of the veins in chronic venous disease of the lower limbs—UIP consensus document. Part I. Basic principles.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2006; 31: 83-92
- Definition of venous reflux in lower-extremity veins.J Vasc Surg. 2003; 38: 793-798
- Radiofrequency ablation of incompetent perforator veins.Perspect Vasc Surg Endovasc Ther. 2007; 19: 73-77
- Venous outflow obstruction: an underestimated contributor to chronic venous disease.J Vasc Surg. 2003; 38: 879-885
- Role of superficial venous surgery in the treatment of venous ulceration.Br J Surg. 1999; 86: 755-759
- Endovenous ablation for the treatment of chronic venous insufficiency and venous ulcerations.World J Surg. 2010; 34: 2299-2304
- The present status of surgery of the superficial venous system in the management of venous ulcer and the evidence for the role of perforator interruption.J Vasc Surg. 2008; 48: 1044-1052
- Current concepts in chronic venous ulceration.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2000; 20: 227-232
- Most incompetent calf perforating veins are found in association with superficial venous reflux.J Vasc Surg. 2001; 34: 774-778
- Is the nihilistic approach to surgical reduction of superficial and perforator vein incompetence for venous ulcer justified?.J Vasc Surg. 2002; 36: 1167-1174
- Treatment of superficial and perforator reflux and deep venous stenosis improves healing of chronic venous leg ulcers.J Vasc Surg Venous Lymphat Disord. 2020; 8: 601-609
- A prospective study of the fate of venous leg perforators after varicose vein surgery.J Vasc Surg. 2005; 42: 1156-1162
- Mid-term results of endoscopic perforator vein interruption for chronic venous insufficiency: lessons learned from the North American subfascial endoscopic perforator surgery registry. The North American Study Group.J Vasc Surg. 1999; 29: 489-502
- Complete venous ulceration healing after perforator ablation does not depend on treatment modality.Ann Vasc Surg. 2021; 70: 109-115
- A prospective safety and effectiveness study using endovenous laser ablation with a 400-mum optical fiber for the treatment of pathologic perforator veins in patients with advanced venous disease (SeCure trial).J Vasc Surg Venous Lymphat Disord. 2020; 8: 805-813
- Comparison of surgery and ultrasound guided sclerotherapy for treatment of saphenous varicose veins: must the criteria for assessment be the same?.Int Angiol. 2000; 19: 299-302
- The effect of ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy of incompetent perforator veins on venous clinical severity and disability scores.J Vasc Surg. 2006; 43 (discussion: 556-7): 551-556
- Predictive factors of success following radio-frequency stylet (RFS) ablation of incompetent perforating veins (IPV).J Vasc Surg. 2009; 50: 844-848
- Factors that influence perforator vein closure rates using radiofrequency ablation, laser ablation, or foam sclerotherapy.J Vasc Surg Venous Lymphat Disord. 2016; 4: 51-56
- Medical costs of treating venous stasis ulcers: evidence from a retrospective cohort study.Vasc Med. 1999; 4: 1-7
- Factors that influence perforator thrombosis and predict healing with perforator sclerotherapy for venous ulceration without axial reflux.J Vasc Surg. 2014; 59: 1368-1376
Presented at the Thirty-fourth Annual Meeting of the Eastern Vascular Society. Virtual. November 11, 2020.
Author conflict of interest: L.A.O. and M.M.K. are investigators on clinical trials sponsors by Medtronic, Inc, in addition to being on Medtronic's speaker's bureau. Medtronic, Inc was not involved in the study design, data collection, or analysis or interpretation or any decision to submit the paper for publication.
The editors and reviewers of this article have no relevant financial relationships to disclose per the Journal policy that requires reviewers to decline review of any manuscript for which they may have a conflict of interest.