One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- S1 guideline on intermittent pneumatic compression (IPC).Hautarzt. 2018; 69: 662-673
- Pneumatic intermittent-compression legging simulating calf-muscle pump.Lancet. 1970; 2: 502-503
- The fibrinolytic effects of intermittent pneumatic compression: mechanism of enhanced fibrinolysis.Ann Surg. 1997; 226: 306-313
- Do graduated compression stockings and pneumatic boots have an additive effect on the peak velocity of venous blood flow?.Arch Surg. 1992; 127: 727-730
- Prevention of deep vein thrombosis by intermittent pneumatic compression of calf.BMJ. 1972; 1: 131-135
- Combined intermittent pneumatic compression and pharmacological prophylaxis for prevention of venous thromboembolism.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016; 9: CD005258
- Intermittent pneumatic compression to prevent venous thromboembolism in hospitalized patients: systematic scoping review. Report from the Norwegian Institute of Public Health No. 2016-24.Knowledge Centre for the Health Services at The Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Oslo, Norway2016
- Intermittent pneumatic compression devices—physiological mechanisms of action.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2001; 21: 383-392
- Generic health-related quality of life is significantly worse in varicose vein patients with lower limb symptoms independent of CEAP clinical grade.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2012; 44: 341-344
- Epidemiology of chronic venous disorders in geographically diverse populations: results from the Vein Consult Program.Int Angiol. 2012; 31: 105-115
- Intermittent pneumatic compression for treating venous leg ulcers.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; 5: CD001899
- Effect of sequential pneumatic compression therapy on venous blood velocity, refilling time, pain and quality of life in women with varicose veins: a randomized control study.J Phys Ther Sci. 2016; 28: 1981-1987
- Dose-response of compression therapy for chronic venous edema—higher pressures are associated with greater volume reduction: two randomized clinical studies.J Vasc Surg. 2009; 49: 395-402
- Editor’s choice – management of chronic venous disease: clinical practice guidelines of the European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVS).Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2015; 49: 678-737
- Same site recurrence is more frequent after endovenous laser ablation compared with high ligation and stripping of the great saphenous vein—5-year results of a randomized clinical trial (RELACS study).Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2015; 50: 648-656
- Short-term efficacy of inguinal reoperation for recurrent saphenofemoral incompetence using the stump suture technique.Ann Vasc Surg. 2018; 53: 197-204
- Impact of compression stockings on leg swelling after arthroscopy—a prospective randomised pilot study.BMC Muskuloskelet Disord. 2019; 20: 161
- Measuring lower limb circumference and volume—introduction of a novel optical 3D volumetric measurement system.Biomed Tech (Berl). 2020; 65: 237-241
- Development and validation of a short version of the Freiburg Life Quality Assessment for chronic venous disease.Wound Med. 2015; 8: 31-35
- Studies comparing numerical rating scales, verbal rating scales, and visual analogue scales for assessment of pain intensity in adults: a systematic literature review.J Pain Symptom Manag. 2011; 41: 1073-1093
- Effects of intermittent pneumatic compression treatment on clinical outcomes and biochemical markers in patients at low mobility with lower limb edema.J Vasc Surg Venous Lymphat Disord. 2018; 6: 500-510
- Water displacement leg volumetry in clinical studies—a discussion of error sources.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2010; 10: 5
Author conflict of interest: H.J. has received personal fees from Optimed GmbH, BD, Medtronic, Cool, and Boston Scientific outside the submitted work. K.K.-M., H.Ö.-H., M.D., and K.R. have no conflicts of interest.
Additional material for this article may be found online at www.jvsvenous.org.
The editors and reviewers of this article have no relevant financial relationships to disclose per the Journal policy that requires reviewers to decline review of any manuscript for which they may have a conflict of interest.